Check out the original source here
SMiles Lewis’s boos
Archive for January, 2013
Check out the original source here
Woke up to some Kona coffee.
Carolyn made breakfast tacos with local eggs and local potatoes, plus we had local grapefruit.
We saw fishing boats, kayaks, outrider canoes with multiple paddlers, and “whales sign” including humpbacks breaking the surface – all from our lanai overlooking the ocean. And that was just before 9am.
Then we went down the rode to Kailua Kona for a morning stroll and minor shopping; got some flip-flops, hats, fresh fruits, etc.
We had sushi for lunch around 11am at a place called Wasabi’s. Very interesting.
Then we went back to Kona House and got ready for snorkeling at Kahalu’u beach.
Now we are heading to the Napoopoo area where Sadie and Aaron are staying.
Two very interesting events are happening tonight that we thought followers of the Anomaly Archives might want to attend:
Color, Consciousness, and Healing with Leanne Venier
The Healing Effects of Color, Light Frequencies, and Art
Presented by Leanne Venier, BSME, MSOM
Co-hosted by INACS & IONS Austin
Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
Austin Center for Spiritual Living
5555 N Lamar Blvd, Bldg D #115
Free and open to the public
Award-winning artist, scientist, and color therapist Leanne Venier will discuss the healing effects of color, light frequencies, and art and how these relate to elevated consciousness. The talk will include:
- How our bodies absorb and use color and light frequencies;
- Latest scientific research and current medical applications for treating cancer and other illnesses using color and light;
- New studies and technology that support healing of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, autism, and other diseases and disorders;
- The science behind the healing effects of certain types of artwork;
- Why we need all the color frequencies found naturally in sunlight for optimum health;
- What are biophotons and why they are so important to optimal health and wellbeing;
- How color and consciousness are connected;
- Color attributes and how we can use them every day to prevent and heal illness. (Samples of Venier’s artwork will be on display for experiential purposes.)
“I’ve always been interested in how various colors are tied into our psyche and, more importantly, how they affect us on the physical and emotional levels,” says Venier. “We are, in fact, so influenced by color that by simply noticing which colors we’re drawn to at any given time, we can gain insight into where and how we need to bring balance back into our lives.”
Leanne Venier was a mechanical engineer designing submarines until a lifelong passion for healing and knowledge about consciousness drew her to the healing arts. This journey took her to Italy for seven years and back to the United States for advanced training as an acupuncturist and shiatsu practitioner. Six years ago, Venier started painting and left her healing practice to begin working as a professional artist. It is from this diverse background that Venier will present data gathered from 70 years of scientific research into the healing effects of color, light frequencies, and art.
Venier has exhibited her artwork and lectured at major medical centers on the healing effects of color and light frequencies and their role in medicine. She has been interviewed on Austin’s KUT and KOOP radio stations as well as WOAI-TV’s San Antonio Living Show (above) in regard to her artwork and its role in using color to heal. She has also served as a color healing consultant for the Austin State Hospital and conducted workshops on the healing effects of color for UT Medicine’s Cancer Therapy & Research Center in San Antonio.
… and …
Clairvoyants and the Police — myths vs. reallity… with Paul Smith
For my Central Texas friends and connections — tomorrow evening I’ll be part of a panel on the use of clairvoyance in law enforcement at the Cactus Cafe on the University of Texas campus. It is a free show, so if you get there early enough you can get a seat for the discussion. Further info is here:At some point it will be available over the Internet for those of you elsewhere in the world. I’ll keep you posted!BTW, there is still room in our January Basic CRV course that starts a week from today. Call 866-229-7847 or go to www.rviewer.com and sign up now!
Paul (Paul H. Smith, Ph.D.)
Greetings and Happy New Year fellow Anomalists!
Welcome to 2013. The Anomaly Archives won’t be holding a regular meeting this month but we wanted to let you know about an interesting event happening downtown, Saturday, January 26th. Here’s your chance to tour Austin’s Museum of the Weird, listen to cryptozoologists Lyle Blackburn, Nick Redfern, Ken Gerhard, & Dave Coleman, dine at the Chupacabra Cantina, watch the Creature From Black Lake, and have drinks at the Jackalope Bar. All in one afternoon / evening! But reserve your spot early, seating is limited!
Come join Cryptomundo and The Museum of the Weird, www.MuseumOfTheWeird.com, for an afternoon and evening of fun and frivolity.
Reserve your tickets early as space is limited! Click here:
Schedule of Events
- 3-6: Tour of Museum
Speaker presentations and author book signings
- Lyle Blackburn: The Beast of Boggy Creek
- Nick Redfern: Wildman! The Monstrous and Mysterious Saga of the British Bigfoot, Monster Diary: On the Road in Search of Strange and Sinister Creatures, The World’s Weirdest Places, Memoirs of a Monster Hunter, Monsters of Texas
- Ken Gerhard: Big Bird! Modern Sightings of Flying Monsters, Monsters of Texas
- Dave Coleman: The Bigfoot Filmography
- 6-8: Dinner @ Chupacabra Cantina, www.ChupacabraCantina.com
- 8-10: Movie night at the Museum: Creature from Black Lake
- 10-?: Drinks @ Jackelope Bar, www.JackalopeBar.com